Authors Patricia L. Shaw, MEd, RHIA, FAHIMA Darcy Carter, MHA, RHIA
Product #: AB102714
ISBN #: 9781584264750
Quality and Performance Improvement in Healthcare: Theory, Practice, and Management covers trends in healthcare quality control and performance. It presents a comprehensive introduction to the theory, practice, and management of performance and quality improvement processes in healthcare organizations.
Parts I and II are intended for use by students in technology-level health professions programs of all kinds and provide a basic background in performance improvement (PI) philosophy and methodology for healthcare today. Students will gain hands-on practice applying the analytical and graphic tools used in performance and quality improvement. Part III is intended for use by students in management-level programs in the health services with chapters focusing on the issues inherent in the management of quality and PI programs in healthcare.
- Covers current CAHIIM curriculum standards for HIT and HIM programs and maps chapter content to the curriculum
- Each chapter reinforces understanding of performance improvement concepts and issues with case studies and real-life examples
- Student projects range from designing specific improvement projects to ongoing quality monitoring and managing quality improvement programs and staff
- Online student materials include medical charts and worksheets for additional knowledge application
- Instructor materials available to faculty of educational programs include
- Answers to the case studies and check your understanding questions
- Assignments written for AHIMA Virtual Lab to provide hands-on learning